![]() |
| Only some of the forks on load in.... and they all knew how to dance... |
![]() |
| The morning check in.. |
One of my clients hires me for production - an industry I
trained for and worked in for many years.
I have a love for all events, but especially Concerts, Corporates, and
Conventions and am excited when I can fit one into my schedule.
The project that we have been prepping the last few weeks is
a large convention he has been involved with for a few years (this being my second
year to help him) and I was onsite for the first few days of load in for
labor check in and tracking. Due to the Non-Disclosure, I could not take revealing photos or cannot explain what convention it is....
Between the
bursts of arrivals and managing information flow I got a chance to look up and
watch a ballet. A dance of semis, forks, booms, scissors, carts, and dollies
maneuvered by crews to get crates and cases where they need to be so that
truss, motors, and decking can be hung and set and then decorated before doors open
to the public.
This description does not halfway recognize the talent of
the stagehands, the dedication of the production staff, and the hours of planning
spent to create an unforgettable experience. It never ceases to amaze me the logistics that
have to be figured out and if it is planned correctly, the audience will never
know how many hours and people are dedicated to create an experience in what is
essentially an empty box.
On this project, I found myself watching the forklifts scoot
from the truck to the hall moving pallets between gear and columns so the crew can
position screens, projectors, computers, and masking to make the illusion
complete.
Due to other obligations, I could not stay for the duration
of the event but I wanted to send a shout out to the team I just worked with -
a production team from all 4 corners of the United States that each contributed
something different but all for a common goal.
So, I’ll raise a glass to the production team making this another
memorable event – Thank You - not only will this convention come off without a
hitch (as it did last year), but the 50k attendees each day will never know
your names (as they shouldn’t). You are the first to come
and the last to leave and I am
honored to call you my team.
No one can do it alone, and collaboration is the key to success.


No comments:
Post a Comment