Thursday, July 6, 2017

8 Toenails

I'm guilty of painting 8 toenails.
Not 8 of one color and 2 of another.
Not 8 toenails and then 2 more.
Just 8.
And yes, I do actually have 10 toenails.

I am a mom of 2 very energetic red headed girls.
One ginger and one auburn.
Both have the fire and stubbornness of their parents and both teach me what priorities really are. Daily.

I am the type of person that when changing apartments or cities, I would arrive, unpack, & have everything in its place inside of the first 24hrs.
That was even after my 'if it fit in my car' days.

But that was before kids.

As much as I would have liked to have remained in my tidy little bubble with my labeled boxes and baggy protected supplies, I met someone that ruffled my feathers and taught me that a little clutter is good for inspiration.  Five years of dating, eleven years of marriage, five cats (not all at the same time), and two offspring later, I realized that my passion for organization had morphed into a practical lifestyle that could blend two very different philosophies under the same roof - satisfying both.

When I met my husband Dave, he had 4 junk drawers and I did not believe in them. 
We currently have 1 JD, but likely have twice as much stuff. 

So, yes, the other night when we came home from an evening out where I wore the only pair of open toed shoes that I own, once shoeless, Dave noticed that my pinkie toes were naked.
I'm sure I'm not the only woman to have done it, I know I won't be the last.  No one else was going to see that 5th toe on each foot so I walked out of the house with 8 painted toes drying in the car on the ride to the event and 2 naked ones hidden from sight because the blue leather strapped obscured them from ridicule.
Besides, I can always paint those dots later... or, I can get over the fact that I don't have time for a real pedicure and deal with imperfection for the lifespan of a single coat of nail polish.
Dave likes me better with some imperfections anyway.


Sometimes you just have to pretty up the public spaces and leave the cabinets a mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment